Setting exclusions when using ctags as backend
Kaushal Modi
2015-11-03 23:22:45 UTC

I use global mainly to parse projects with Verilog and Systemverilog
files. Universal ctags has very good support for that language. So I
am using ctags as backend to global and that works well.

I have just one confusion.. where do I set the exclude paths? In
~/.ctags? or in ~/.globalrc? As I am confused, currently I am setting
the exclusions in both and it works.

But I would like to know the correct answer. Which file should I add
the exclude paths to?

Thanks.

Kaushal Modi
Shigio YAMAGUCHI
2015-11-04 14:24:27 UTC
If you do it in your ~/.globalrc, it is enough.
Because gtags does not hand ctags the excluded files.

Regards,
Shigio

P.S.
If I'm wrong, please point out.
Post by Kaushal Modi
Hi,
I use global mainly to parse projects with Verilog and Systemverilog
files. Universal ctags has very good support for that language. So I
am using ctags as backend to global and that works well.
I have just one confusion.. where do I set the exclude paths? In
~/.ctags? or in ~/.globalrc? As I am confused, currently I am setting
the exclusions in both and it works.
But I would like to know the correct answer. Which file should I add
the exclude paths to?
Thanks.
--
Kaushal Modi
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663 C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3